ServSafe In-Person Recertification
Recertification (4hr) Course
This class is not available. When it is, this 4 hour recertification course meets Minnesota and Wisconsin requirements for the renewal of your CFPM certification. With it you may apply for your state renewal.
Class starts at 8:30am. Face masks are required (not provided) and social distancing will be observed.
There is no exam needed with this! Your proof of completion will be emailed to you.
Essential Functions of a Certified Food Protection Manager
Minnesota requires every restaurant / food institution to have at least one* full-time employee to have a food manager certification. This “person in charge” (PIC) provides for:
- The identification of any/all food safety risks
- The application of appropriate food safety techniques to mitigate/prevent food borne illness
- Ensure presence of a PIC whenever food is handled
- Guide operational food safety program, on a day to day basis, to ensure staff adheres to all food safety protocols
The Certified Food Protection Manager is there to protect the health of the customer by applying best practices as put forth by science, research and the FDA Food Code.
*Some jurisdictions require a CFPM to be present at all times that the business is open and in operation.
How to Become a Minnesota Certified Food Protection Manager
- Complete our ServSafe certification training and exam with a passing grade
- Complete State paperwork found at http://www.health.state.mn.us (they will require a copy of your passing certificate, the completed application form and a fee to be submitted to them)