ServSafe In-Person Training
The ServSafe program is developed by the National Restaurant Association with the assistance of food service experts near and far. ChefSense combines this coursework with instructors that have years of direct experience in the industry. This blending of insight and information can best prepare you for the challenges you will certainly face.
Our CFPM course and exam meets all Minnesota and Wisconsin requirements.
The ServSafe certification is nationally recognized and is the leader in high quality food safety training.
Class starts at 8:30am. Face masks are required (not provided) and social distancing will be observed.
Class and Testing Cost: $175 + $5 s/h
This coursework covers:
- Providing Safe Food
- Forms of Contamination
- The Safe Food Handler
- The Flow of Food from receiving to service
- Cleaning and Sanitizing…and more!
Initial (8hr) Course includes:
- 7th Edition ServSafe Manager (book)
- Food Code updates
- In person instruction at our training site
- State approved exam administration (immediately following instruction)
The Meeting Point - 14537 Dodd Blvd, Rosemount, MN 55068
Essential Functions of a Certified Food Protection Manager
Minnesota requires every restaurant / food institution to have at least one* full-time employee to have a food manager certification. This “person in charge” (PIC) provides for:
- The identification of any/all food safety risks
- The application of appropriate food safety techniques to mitigate/prevent food borne illness
- Ensure presence of a PIC whenever food is handled
- Guide operational food safety program, on a day to day basis, to ensure staff adheres to all food safety protocols
The Certified Food Protection Manager is there to protect the health of the customer by applying best practices as put forth by science, research and the FDA Food Code.
*Some jurisdictions require a CFPM to be present at all times that the business is open and in operation.
How to Become a Minnesota Certified Food Protection Manager
- Complete our ServSafe certification training and exam with a passing grade
- Complete State paperwork found at http://www.health.state.mn.us (they will require a copy of your passing certificate, the completed application form and a fee to be submitted to them)